3D printing technology is transforming multiple industries with its multitude of use cases. When it comes to industrial applications, a wide range of 3d printers are available. If you are also planning to buy a 3d printer and deciding between Fortus380mc & Fortus450mc, we have you covered.
Both Fortus 380mc and Fortus 450mc are high-performance FDM printers that make large-size printing easy and time-saving. These printers are ideal for performing superior-quality repeatable jobs with higher flexibility at a constant throughput. In addition, both these modern printers speed up functional prototype creation with the support of a variety of materials.
Overview of Fortus 380mc and Fortus 450mc
If your manufacturing unit requires you to print rough prototypes that deliver robust performance like end products, these printers fit the job. Both printers from Stratasys meet all your manufacturing goals with higher performance and accuracy. In addition, these printers can use 8+ different industrial-grade 3d printing materials to design intuitive products.
Fortus380mc and Fortus 450mc offers an easy-to-use 3D printing system for your design teams that gives a kickstart to your projects. Engineers can produce complex parts with greater ease compared to other industrial FDM printers.
Both the printers can 3d print high-quality production parts that meet your manufacturing needs. Below are some distinctive features & uses that will help you pick the right one:
Features of Stratasys Fortus 450mc
- Fortus 450mc can accurately process a CAD design compared to other printers.
- Engineers can use up to 10 different engineering-grade thermoplastics.
- It has a build volume of 406 x 355 x 406mm with a lower layer resolution of 330 microns. and a higher layer resolution of 127 microns.
- Fortus 450mc 3d printer offers four-layer thickness options.
Features of Stratasys Fortus 380mc
- Fortus 380mc comes with a build volume of 355 x 305 x 305 mm, smaller than the Fortus 450mc.
- Similar to the above printer, it also supports manufacturing with ten different thermoplastics.
- Fortus380mc offers accuracy of up to ± .127 mm (± .005 in.) similar to 450mc.
- It offers material delivery of one bay each for material & support canisters compared to two bays of Fortus 450mc.
The image is used for illustration purposes. Zeal 3D Printing is not the owner or creator of the image. (Image Source: Stratasys)
Specifications of Stratasys Fortus 450mc and Fortus 380mc
|Comparison aspect||Stratasys Fortus 450mc||Stratasys Fortus 380mc|
|Build tray Size||40.6 x 35.5 x 40.6 cm [16 x 14 x 16 in]||35.5 x 30.5 x 30.5 cm [14 x 12 x 12 in]|
|Material Delivery||One bay each for material & support canisters||Two bays each for material & support canisters, and it comes with auto changeover between canisters.|
|Materials Used||ULTEM 9085 resin, ULTEM 1010 resin, ST-130||PC-ABS, PC-ISO, ABS-ESD7, ASA, FDM Nylon 12, PC, ABS-M30, ABS- M30i|
|Power Requirement||208VAC 3 phase, 50/60 Hz & it consumes 18 Amps||208VAC 3 phase, 50/60 Hz & it consumes 18 Amps|
Advantages of Fortus 380mc
- This FDM 3d printing machine can build advanced and high-quality functional prototypes that support eight standard and engineering thermoplastics.
- Engineers don’t need additional support or facilities to operate with Fortus 380mc.
- It’s easier to install anywhere and start printing quickly
- There is no need for additional venting as the machine works on a special technology that produces no harmful fumes.
Advantages of Fortus 450mc
- This 3d printer comes with a bigger build envelope which makes it more practical for large-scale production.
- Similar to 380mc, there is no need for additional facilities to operate in-house.
- Fortus 450mc offers two weeks of unattended build time
- It can produce large-size complex objects using high-capacity materials
Applications of Fortus 380mc and Fortus 450mc
Both the additive manufacturing machines are robust, performance-driven, and cost-effective to use in multiple industrial applications. These FDM printers are used to perform various applications like:
- Creating 3d models
- High-quality functional prototypes
- Automotive parts manufacturing
- Superior durability outdoor industrial parts
Which 3d printer should you buy? Both the printers are excellent and deliver unparalleled performance to meet your every manufacturing need. If you need to print smaller industrial parts, then go for Fortus 380mc. On the other hand, if you need to print large-sized complex components, then Fortus 450mc is the ideal option. Your search for an industrial 3d printer near me ends at these two modern machines. Pick one and boost your manufacturing process with greater agility.