3D printing in Melbourne has particularly been useful to plug the gap in the supply shortage of medical devices.
Options in 3D Printing for Medical Industry
- Fusion Deposition Modelling (FDM): Used as a cost-effective method for simple geometries. It relies on CT scans to get accurate patient readings.
- Stereolithography (SLA): Best suited for aesthetic applications owing to the smooth part surfaces. Therefore, this 3D print process is preferred in the creation of customized prosthetics.
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS): SLS 3D printing is most effective in the interface section of functional prosthetics. It can work without support structures and is most effective for the rapid prototyping of medical devices.
- Metal Printing: Though expensive, this is an effective method of 3D printing in Australia that can produce complex designs. Best used for surgical tools with ultrafine details. Components include stainless steel, aluminum, cobalt, copper, and titanium.
Zeal3Dprinting is not the owner or creator of the image. Image source: (Research Center for Advanced Materials (Cimav))
Benefits of 3D Print in Healthcare
- Tailor-made Devices: SLS 3D printing services makes customization for patients possible.
- Rapid Prototyping: Allows for medical equipment prototyping in the shortest time possible.
- Data Generation: Using 3D print in healthcare allows patient scans from a CT or an MRI, to be converted into 3D files.
- Complex Problem Solving: 3D printing in Australia allows for accurate reproduction of human anatomy that is used for preparing for patient care plans.
- Healthcare Training: Surgeons use 3D printed anatomical models to prepare for procedures in advance.
Zeal3Dprinting is not the owner or creator of the image. Image source: (axial3d.com)
Accessing 3D Printing Services in Melbourne
Online 3D printing services in Melbourne have increased accessibility to 3D printing. It has reduced the time and money investment.
The medical industry can avail 3D printing facilities for a much lesser cost than procuring the same equipment traditionally.
Zeal 3D Printing in Australia
Zeal 3D Printing Services is your one-stop solution for a wide range of 3D printing services for healthcare and medical applications. Having made rapid strides in adopting cutting-edge technologies, we offer specialized services for the medical sector, including:
- The transformation of MRI and CT scan data into physical objects.
- Support for doctors and veterinarians in building knowledge of 3D printing.
- Provision of affordable services for 3D print in healthcare to medical institutions.
- Zero Contact Key: An extremely useful, sterilizable, and pocket-friendly equipment, perfect for hospitals.
- 3D Printed Masks: A leader in SLS 3D printing, Zeal 3D has revolutionized the N95 mask allowing at least 4 filters in a single mask.
- 3D Printed Face Shields: This is the most feasible use of 3D print in healthcare and crucial fighting equipment for healthcare workers.
- 3D Printed Valves: The most critical device that keeps a patient connected to the ventilator. 3D printed valves cost less and can be manufactured in bulk.
Zeal3Dprinting is not the owner or creator of the image. Image source: (Katie tan)
3D printing services, along with artificial intelligence is poised to minimize human errors in patient care. Innovators are constantly looking at making 3D printing more human-like to enhance the quality of medical services worldwide.